Stories Written by Allie Reinikainen

zombie-web

Allie reinikainen
September 16, 2013
Filed under News, Top Stories

OrgSmorg, an event where all on-campus organizations have the chance to set up a booth and get students interested in what they do, will be taking over the Phoenix Rooms Sept. 18 from 11 a.m to 2 p.m. The zombie-themed event will have plenty to offer students. Organizations give away anything... (more...)

_MG_8212web

Phoenix sends three players overseas

Allie Reinikainen, Managing Editor
September 6, 2013
Filed under Sports

For the first time in the history of the program, the Green Bay Phoenix women’s basketball team is sending three players from the same class to play professionally in Europe. Former standouts Adrian Ritchie, Sarah Eichler and Stephanie Sension have signed contracts with professional teams... (more...)

LukeBryan3web

Luke Bryan heats the seats at Resch Center

Allie Reinikainen, Sports Editor/Commentary
March 6, 2013
Filed under Entertainment

Luke Bryan shook it for fans at the Resch Center Feb. 28 for his Dirt Road Diaries Tour . Bryan’s entourage included opening acts Florida Georgia Line and Thompson Square. Newcomers Florida Georgia Line hit the stage performing “It’z just what we do,” followed by “Party People.” The... (more...)

_MG_5669web

Pheonix falls to Wright State, 68-70

Allie Reinikainen, Sports Editor
Filed under Sports

In a hard-fought battle, Green Bay fell to Wright State, 68-70, at the Resch Center, Feb. 6. Green Bay led for most of the game, but an unfortunate bounce off the rim on a Wright State shot gave the Raiders another chance at a game-tying 3- pointer, to go into overtime, from JT Yoho. After... (more...)

makinia9web

Phoenix women sit atop Horizon League

Allie Reinikainen, Sports Editor
Filed under Sports

The Green Bay women’s basketball team took charge of the Horizon League over the holiday break as it increased its winning streak to 12 games. With non-conference wins over North Dakota State University, Wichita State, St. Bonaventure and Wisconsin, Green Bay took to its Horizon League opener... (more...)

Sykes, Green Bay men rise to the top

Allie Reinikainen, Sports Editor
Filed under Sports

The Green Bay men’s basketball team sits at a record of 12-11 this season, while sitting at 6-4 in Horizon League play. The Phoenix started off winter break with a 49-47 non-conference victory over Marquette at the Resch Center Dec. 19. In a close battle the entire game  under the leadership... (more...)

churchweb

Eric Church brings ‘Blood, Sweat and Beers’ to Green Bay

October 17, 2012
Filed under Entertainment

Kip Moore, Justin Moore and Eric Church wowed crowds Oct. 11 at the Resch Center as their “Blood, Sweat and Beers” tour hit Green Bay. Ticket buyers had the opportunity to donate part of the purchase to their favorite charity and Church’s charity of choice, the Juvenile Diabetes Research... (more...)