Stories Written by Megan Hanna

pie-chart

Segregated fees rise

Megan Hanna , Editor-In-Chief
May 6, 2014
Filed under News, Top Stories

Although UW-Green Bay has one of the lowest tuitions in the state, segregated fees are set to rise 5.95 percent for the 2014-15 academic year due to a deficit of about half a million dollars. Students will pay $730 per semester — the highest segregated fee in the UW System by data currently... (more...)

Group petitions against Citizens United ruling

Megan Hanna, Editor-in-Chief
March 25, 2014
Filed under Life

Green Bay Move to Amend is mobilizing the Green Bay community to reject the Supreme Court’s Citizens United ruling, and is seeking student volunteers. Move to Amend wants to see limits on the money spent on political campaigns, in particular by large corporations. “We want a level playing... (more...)

Career Services offers spring courses

Megan Hanna , Editor-in-chief
November 7, 2013
Filed under Life

Career Services is offering two classes to help students plan and prepare for their future careers, Professional Skills for Your Career (BUS ADMIN 283D) and Career Planning (HUM DEV 225). There will be two sections of each course in the spring semester. Linda Peacock-Landrum, director of Career... (more...)

University Unionweb

UTIC dishes out deals, information for students

Megan Hanna, Editor-in-Chief
September 6, 2013
Filed under Entertainment

College shouldn’t be just about hitting the books. Between classes, late-night cramming and ten-page papers, students need to relax. The University and Ticketing Information Center is there to deliver. Located at the Information Desk in the University Union, UTIC offers an array of services,... (more...)

founders awardsweb

UWGB recognizes faculty excellence

Megan Hanna, Editor-in-Chief
September 6, 2013
Filed under News, Top Stories

UW-Green Bay honored seven of its faculty and staff with the 2013 Founders Association Awards for Excellence. The recipients were Stefan Hall, Michael Draney, Cristina Ortiz, Scott Ashmann, Elaina Koltz, Jim Fonder and the Environmental Management and Business Institute. The Founders Association... (more...)

4550676961_42a3fc2211web

Vietnamese luncheon redefines perceptions

Megan Hanna, Life Editor
April 10, 2013
Filed under Life, Top Stories

Experience the food of another country without ever leaving campus at the Cultural Cuisine Vietnamese Luncheon April 25 in the Phoenix Rooms. Four Cultural Cuisine Luncheons are held each year to bring culinary and cultural awareness to UW-Green Bay students,  faculty and the surrounding community.... (more...)

fashion2web

UWGB gets thrifty with style for Recyclemania

Megan Hanna, Life Editor
March 13, 2013
Filed under Life, Top Stories

UW-Green Bay students and faculty popped some tags for Recyclemania with the Upcycling Showcase March 5. The Environmental Protection Agency estimates that 97 percent of post-consumer textiles are recyclable. In recognition of this, the Office of Student Life encouraged the UWGB community to... (more...)

makiniaweb

Future Alumni Association asks UWGB to thank donors

Megan Hanna, Life Editor
Filed under Life

Everyone knows getting a college education isn’t cheap. Between working weekends, taking out student loans and filing for aid, students can quickly find themselves stressed. But when a congratulatory letter arrives in the mail informing a student he or she has been awarded a scholarship,... (more...)

RA_Sarah_Jake_Hollyweb

RAs reap benefits of reaching out to students

Megan Hanna, Life Editor
Filed under Life

They’re in college now. They’ve grown up and left the nest. But just because mom and dad aren’t there doesn’t mean they won’t need help now and again. So where can college students turn? Their RAs. With another school year approaching, the Office of Residence Life is accepting applications... (more...)

PEA department rewards civic engagement

Megan Hanna, Life Editor
January 30, 2013
Filed under News

For the fourth year in a row, the Public and Environmental Affairs department recognized the efforts and accomplishments of some of its students through the Public and Environmental Affairs Outstanding Student and Outstanding Teaching Assistant awards. The 2012-13 recipients are Alex Moeller,... (more...)