Stories Written by Michaela Paukner

SONY DSC

Students secure jobs with social media

Michaela Paukner, Editor-in-Chief
Filed under Life

In an age of instantaneous updates, viral videos and infinite information available with a few strokes of a keyboard, it’s safe to say online content is part of the average American’s daily routine. According to a Pew Internet poll, 92 percent of adults ages 18 to 29 use some sort of social... (more...)

carweb

Seasonal safety prevents problems

Michaela Paukner, Editor-in-Chief
Filed under Life, Top Stories

With temperatures dipping below zero, days could be spent curled up with blankets and hot cocoa. Unfortunately, everyone has to venture out of their homes and into the cold eventually. The winter weather brings its own set of guidelines for staying safe in regards to health and travel. Amy... (more...)

Life.Red13.Jessicaweb

Green Bay goes red for heart health

Michaela Paukner, Editor-in-Chief
January 30, 2013
Filed under Life, Top Stories

It’s the No. 1 killer of women. It has killed more women than men since 1984 and more women than all types of cancer combined. Sixty-four percent of the women who have died suddenly from it had no previous symptoms. This is according to the American Heart Association, which is raising awareness... (more...)

notrace4web

Wisconsin metal band leaves its trace

Michaela Paukner, Editor-in-Chief
December 12, 2012
Filed under Entertainment

Although it’s called No Trace, this Wisconsin hard rock/metal band is doing everything possible to make its mark in the metal music scene. Green Bay shows are expected for late December and January. No Trace formed in 2007, with current members Dustin Studelska, guitar, and Zach Ostrowski,... (more...)

Chevelle by Max Hsu

Chevelle breaks down melodic rock

Michaela Paukner, Entertainment Editor
May 3, 2012
Filed under Entertainment Archives

What’s in a name? For melodic hard-rock band Chevelle, not much. “It was just a name,” said Sam Loeffler, drums. “Early on, we had a show with some friends and called ourselves Chevelle as a joke, and it just stuck. We believe the band makes the name, not the name makes the band.” Chevelle... (more...)

Cover

Greg Le Duc

Michaela Paukner, Entertainment Editor
April 26, 2012
Filed under Entertainment Archives

From UWGB student to producer to writer, Greg Le Duc brings his career full circle with the “GRIDIRON” comic book series, which focuses on early Packers history Almost 40 years later, Greg Le Duc returned to a place from his past—UW-Green Bay. The class of 1972 alumnus left the college... (more...)

breathecarolina

Breathe Carolina to electrify Green Bay

Michaela Paukner , Entertainment Editor
April 19, 2012
Filed under Entertainment Archives

For David Schmitt, simply playing around on a Mac was the beginning of what would become three full-length CDs, a chart-topping band and worldwide fame. Schmitt said he made a few songs using GarageBand and then asked Kyle Even if he wanted to collaborate. “Then we made a song, and here we... (more...)